Know Your Rights as the Father

When a child is born out of wedlock in Oklahoma, custody is given to the mother. The father must go through court to legally prove his paternity. Even if the man’s name is on the birth certificate or he has filed an Acknowledgment of Paternity he still does not have custody and visitation rights. The father must file a Paternity action in District Court to be adjudicated the father and establish custody and visitation rights. If you find yourself dealing with this situation, visit Hood & Barnett PLLC. We’ll explain your rights and help you:

Get tested to confirm that you’re the biological father

File for an acknowledgement of paternity

Establish visitation rights

Request full or joint custody

We’ll guide you through this complex process and answer any questions you may have along the way.

Trust us to help you with your paternity law case in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Call 918-794-0391 now to schedule a consultation.